Yay, it’s Friday! Is anybody else having difficulty adjusting to the time change except me? This week I combined a couple of ideas I’ve seen on Pinterest. One, are these adorable mini cakes baked in a tin can. Second, are the rainbow cakes popping up everywhere. I especially love this one that Eddie Ross made using an ombre effect. My idea was mini cakes for St. Patrick’s Day. I attempted the ombre effect, but it didn’t turn out as well as I hoped. Don’t look too closely. The perfectionist in me is wanting to fix that icing, but I’m trying to just let it go and just let be. If you decide to make these “can cakes”, note a couple of things – make sure to grease and flour the can, and for the icing, try piping it instead of spreading with a knife. I think they would’ve been less messier looking if I’d used a piping bag. Regardless, they taste good and they’re pretty cute too!
Other things I must share and discuss this week:
- Do you like the colored denim trend? I’ve pinned plenty of images, but I just don’t know if I can pull it off without feeling like a Rainbow Brite character.
- I finished reading Something Blue this week and I absolutely loved it. I hope there will be a movie to go along with it. I picked up Hunger Games to start next. What are your recommended reads?
- How many of you are doing the 52 letters challenge with me?
- The March Madness frenzy begins!!!
- This is the coolest pregnancy announcement